UPCOMING SENIOR EVENTS
2ndSeniorLetter2024.pdf (This is the letter that was given to students in January.)
Paid by all seniors- You may pay online in Parent Portal/Focus Gradebook with a credit card or debit card or with cash or check or card to the Student Activities office. Make checks payable to Spruce Creek High School. Graduation fees are $100.00. Due August 31st. Contact Coach Zablo if you have any questions.
Order your senior banner for the front fence- $55.00
Grad Bash Tickets on Sale
See Coach Zablo in the Activities Office before or after school or during lunch to purchase your Grad Bash Ticket. Tickets will only be sold from December 23-Feb 15, or until they are sold out. The cost is $195 includes admission and charter bus transportation. Grad Bash Night is April 26, 2024. We will be at Universal/Islands of Adventure from 4pm-1am. Buses will leave the school at 2:30pm.
Senior Speaker try-outs
The try out date is set for April 3rd. You must sign up in advance in the Activities Office. For audition, prepare a two-minute speech to present at commencement ceremony. Tryouts are based on verbal presentation and speech content.
Cap & Gown Delivery Days
Caps & gowns will be distributed to those who have paid their Graduation fee when they arrive in March or April. Announcements and other graduation supplies ordered will be distributed at this time by Jostens. More information coming soon.
April 13, 2024 at the Daytona 500 Club, 7PM – 11pm. To purchase a ticket, all obligations must be paid, and detentions served. More information coming soon.
Purchase Graduation Tickets and Parking Passes
Every guest attending our Graduation ceremony must have a ticket to enter the Ocean Center. Once all seniors have had the opportunity to purchase up to 10 tickets each, remaining tickets will go on sale for families who may need more.
College/Career Apparel Day
April 29th- wear your college or career gear to school!
Senior Breakfast & Legacy Walk
May 21, 2024. 8:45AM at SCHS Cafeteria. Location may change. Wear Cap and Gown. Leave tassel at home so it doesn't get lost before graduation.
Senior Awards Program
May 21, 2024 at the Bethune Cookman Performing Arts Center. Begins at 7:00PM. All Seniors, families and friends are encouraged to attend and share in the various accomplishments of the senior class. Seniors must report at 6:30PM to balcony level of the auditorium dressed in gown only. Honor cords will be distributed that evening. Families are welcome! Will last approximately 3 hours.
Baccalaureate Service, A Night of Reflection
Location and date to be determined. This nondenominational religious exercise is planned and produced by the Parent Advisory Committee. Students who wish to participate must arrive at 6:30PM. The program will start at 7pm. Families are welcome! The event is for all graduating seniors. Will last approximately one hour. Wear Gown only.
Graduation Practice – MANDATORY, (students only)
May 22nd at noon at the Ocean Center. All students must provide their own transportation. This is a required practice for all seniors planning to participate in the Graduation ceremony. Students who do not attend this practice may not walk at Graduation. Do not wear your cap and gown. More information coming soon.
Graduation Ceremony – May 23, 2024. Ocean Center, Daytona Beach at 7:00pm. Seniors should report to their assigned area at the Ocean Center by 6:00pm dressed in cap and gown, to line up for the processional. The graduation ceremony will last approximately 90 minutes.
Graduation Attire for Graduates
ALL GRADUATES should remember that hair styles are to be kept simple so that graduation caps will fit on the head properly. Caps are worn level on the head, not at an angle. Students are allowed AND encouraged to wear all academic cords (National/State/District). This includes but is not limited to military, AA, Academy NHS, SGA, AVID, Cambridge, IB, cords distributed during awards ceremonies, eagle scout.. This does not include personalized sashes, flag sashes, or other non-academic sashes. YOU MAY NOT DECORATE YOUR CAP.
- Option 1: Wear a cool, comfortable dress under the gown; choose a style with a simple neckline which will not interfere with the neckline of the graduation gown. Dresses should not hang below the graduation gown. Black shoes only, preferably with medium height heels. Heels and wedges must be black. No dangling earrings.
- Option 2: Wear black color dress pants and black dress shoes and socks. NO jeans, sneakers, deck shoes or flip flops permitted. Wear a white dress shirt with a black tie / bow tie
Important Information for Friends and Family Attending Graduation
- Each ticket holder, including children, may carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse:
- One clear bag no larger than 12”x 6”x 12” or a one-gallon clear Ziploc, or similar bag.
- One small clutch bag or purse no larger than 6.5”x 6.5”, with or without a strap.
- Diapers and wipes may be carried in a clear bag; however, diaper bags are not permitted.
- Additional clothing, blankets, etc. are permitted if carried loosely (preferably over the shoulder to be screened more quickly) or in an approved clear bag.
- Small cameras, binoculars and cell phones may be carried loosely or in an approved clear bag.
- Parking for graduation is available at the Ocean Center and surrounding parking lots. Guests will pay $15.00 to park. Carpooling is HIGHLY recommended. All seniors and guests are asked to plan accordingly so that you arrive on time for Graduation. Doors will close at 7:00PM and guests will not be admitted until after the graduates have entered the Ocean Center and the ceremony has begun.
Verify Your Name for Your Diploma
Please open the file below and fill out the requested information. Save it to your computer and attach it to an email to Mrs. Beatty at email@example.com or print it out and bring it to the main office to give to Mrs. Beatty by October 30th so that there is time to ensure information is correct inside Focus for your diploma.
- Verify Name Pronunciation
To ensure that we do our best to pronounce your name as you would like it pronounced at graduation and other events, please fill out this form (you will need to login with your school email and password in order to complete the form): https://forms.office.com/r/AJZBw19BmQ
Questions About Graduation
If you have any questions about graduation, please stop by the Activities Office, email firstname.lastname@example.org , or call 322-6272 extension 37809.
How to Clear Obligations
In order to pick up your diploma after graduation, you need to have all obligations with the school cleared. To see what you owe, you need to check inside Focus AND look in Destiny inside vPortal. The directions are here: https://www.sprucecreekhigh.com/how-to-check-obligations
Save Your Files
You will lose access to VPortal, your school email, and your school OneDrive after graduation. Please back up anything you want to keep. The directions for transfering your files into a personal OneDrive account can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/transfer-files-to-your-personal-onedrive-with-the-mover-transfer-wizard-7dbda93c-71e6-483f-8914-ad445554cd31