UPCOMING SENIOR EVENTS
Dec 7,2022- Feb 1,2023 Graduation Fee
Paid by all seniors- You may pay online with a credit card or debit card or with cash or check or card to the Student Activity’s office. Make checks payable to Spruce Creek High School. Graduation fees are $85.00. Due February 1st If you have a cap and gown from a sibling who graduated from Spruce Creek less than five years ago or if you do not plan to participate/walk with the Class of 2023. Your graduation expenses are $55.00. Contact Coach Zablo regarding the reduced fee.
February 1st -28 2023 Senior Banners
Order your senior banner for the front fence by going to https://osp.osmsinc.com/Volusia/
January 3rd – Feb 28,2023 Grad Bash Tickets on Sale
See Coach Zablo in the Activities Office before or after school or during lunch to purchase your Grad Bash Ticket. Tickets will sell out quickly. The cost is $135 before Jan 27th , $150 after Jan 27th and includes admission and charter bus transportation. Grad Bash Night is April 28, 2023 Tickets are non-refundable, unless the event is cancelled by Universal Studios.
March 29,2023 Senior Speaker try-outs
Sign up in advance in the Activities Office. For audition, prepare a two-minute speech to present at commencement ceremony. Tryouts are based on verbal presentation and speech content.
April 5-14,2023 Cap & Gown Delivery Days
Caps & gowns will be distributed to those who have paid their Graduation fee. Announcements and other graduation supplies ordered will be distributed at this time by Jostens.
April 8,2023 Prom
Daytona 500 Club, 7PM – 11pm. To purchase a ticket, all obligations must be paid, and detentions served.
April 24, 2023 Purchase Graduation Tickets and Parking Passes
- April 24 graduation tickets go on sale. Can be picked up in main office (Ms. Moore’s office)
- Tickets are $3 each and each graduate is guaranteed up to 10 tickets. Each guest occupying a seat will need a ticket
- May 15 any remaining graduation tickets will go on sale first come first served basis
- Parking passes are $5 each with no limit on the number sold (paying for parking at the Ocean Center on the day for graduation the cost will be $10)
- Graduation will sell out and no tickets will be sold at the Ocean Center on the day of graduation
April 28,2023 Grad Bash
At Universal Studios / Islands of Adventure from 7pm – 2am (Buses leave at 5:00pm) Tickets are only sold for this in January and February.
May TBA 2023 Senior Breakfast
9:00AM at SCHS Cafeteria. Location may change
June 1,2023 Senior Awards Program
Bethune Cookman PAC. Begins at 7:00PM. All Seniors, families and friends are encouraged to attend and share in the various accomplishments of the senior class. Seniors must report at 6:30PM to balcony level of the auditorium dressed in cap and gown. Honor cords will be distributed that evening. Families are welcome! Will last approximately 3 hours
May 30,2023 Baccalaureate Service, A Night of Reflection
Location to be determined. Planned and produced by the Parent Advisory Committee. Students must arrive at 6:30PM dressed in cap and gown. The program will start at 7pm. Families are welcome! The event is for all graduating seniors. Will last approximately one hour.
June 1, 2023 Graduation Practice – MANDATORY, (students only)
7:30-10:00 am at the Ocean Center. All students must provide their own transportation. This is a required practice for all seniors planning to participate in the Graduation ceremony. Students who do not attend this practice may not walk at Graduation. Do not wear your cap and gown.
June 3, 2023 Graduation Ceremony – Ocean Center, Daytona Beach at 7:30pm. Seniors should report to their assigned area at the Ocean Center by 6:30pm dressed in your cap and gown to line up for the processional. The graduation ceremony will last approximately 90 minutes.
Graduation Attire for Graduates
ALL GRADUATES should remember that hair styles are to be kept simple so that graduation caps will fit on the head properly. Caps are worn level on the head, not at an angle. ONLY CORDS, PINS AND MEDALLIONS DISTIBUTED BY SPRUCE CREEK HIGH SCHOOL MAY BE WORN WITH GOWNS. YOU MAY NOT DECORATE YOUR CAP.
- Option 1: Wear a cool, comfortable dress under the gown; choose a style with a simple neckline which will not interfere with the neckline of the graduation gown. Dresses should not hang below the graduation gown. Black shoes only, preferably with medium height heels. Heels and wedges must be black. No dangling earrings.
- Option 2: Wear black color dress pants and black dress shoes and socks. NO jeans, sneakers, deck shoes or flip flops permitted. Wear a white dress shirt with a black tie / bow tie
Important Information for Friends and Family Attending Graduation
- Each ticket holder, including children, may carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse:
- One clear bag no larger than 12”x 6”x 12” or a one-gallon clear Ziploc, or similar bag.
- One small clutch bag or purse no larger than 6.5”x 6.5”, with or without a strap.
- Diapers and wipes may be carried in a clear bag; however, diaper bags are not permitted.
- Additional clothing, blankets, etc. are permitted if carried loosely (preferably over the shoulder to be screened more quickly) or in an approved clear bag.
- Small cameras, binoculars and cell phones may be carried loosely or in an approved clear bag.
- Parking for graduation is available at the Ocean Center and surrounding parking lots. Guests will pay $10.00 to park. Carpooling is HIGHLY recommended. All seniors and guests are asked to plan accordingly so that you arrive on time for Graduation. Doors will close at 7:20PM and guests will not be admitted until after the graduates have entered the Ocean Center and the ceremony has begun.
Verify Your Name for Your Diploma
Please open the file below and fill out the requested information. Save it to your computer and attach it to an email to Mrs. Beatty at email@example.com or print it out and bring it to the main office to give to Mrs. Beatty by October 30th so that there is time to ensure information is correct inside Focus for your diploma.
Verify Name Pronunciation
To ensure that we do our best to pronounce your name as you would like it pronounced at graduation and other events, please fill out this form (you will need to login with your school email and password in order to complete the form): https://forms.office.com/r/AJZBw19BmQ
Questions About Graduation
If you have any questions about graduation, please stop by the Activities Office, email firstname.lastname@example.org , or call 322-6272 extension 37809.
How to Clear Obligations
In order to pick up your diploma after graduation, you need to have all obligations with the school cleared. To see what you owe, you need to check the Online School Payment System AND look in Destiny inside vPortal. The directions are here: https://www.sprucecreekhigh.com/how-to-check-obligations
Save Your Files
You will lose access to VPortal, your school email, and your school OneDrive after graduation. Please back up anything you want to keep. The directions for transfering your files into a personal OneDrive account can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/transfer-files-to-your-personal-onedrive-with-the-mover-transfer-wizard-7dbda93c-71e6-483f-8914-ad445554cd31
LEAVE FOR LUNCH FORM
- SR LUNCH PERMISSION FORM 22-23.docx (23.9 KBs)
Buy a senior banner to celebrate your graduation and we will hang it on the school fence! Come and take it down after graduation to hang up at your graduation celebrations. To buy a banner, go to https://osp.osmsinc.com/Volusia/ by March 31st.