Absences & Early Dismissal
Reporting an Absence
All day absences should be called in to 322-6272 ext. 37801 and leave a message. Notes can be dropped off in the front office if needed.
Check Out Procedure for Early Dismissal
When a student needs to check out of school before the scheduled dismissal time the parent should send in a signed note with the following information:
- Student’s name and alpha code
- Reason for dismissal
- Time student is to be released
- Parent signature
- Phone number where parent can be reached to verify early dismissal.
Students need to drop the note off in F-12 before school. All notes will be called for confirmation. After confirmation with the parent a checkout pass will be delivered to the student (if it is not delivered before you are to leave, make sure to come to F-12 to pick it up) and at the dismissal time, the student will show the pass to the teacher and may leave the building. The student hands the checkout pass to the Campus Advisor at the gate when leaving the property.
When the check out is not planned in advance and the parent or guardian is coming on campus to pick up the student, please follow this process.
To check a student out of class please follow these steps:
- Show your ID at the guard shack when you enter campus.
- Park in the visitor parking spaces at the front of the school.
- Stay in your vehicle and call the main office (386-322-6272 then press 0) if needed OR come inside the main office.
- Give the name, alpha code and grade of the student you are picking up.
- Wait for verification. Only adults on the student’s emergency card are permitted to check out the student.
- Once confirmed, the student will be sent to your vehicle with a check out pass. Depending on the time of day and the location of your student’s classroom this procedure can take up to 30 minutes so please plan accordingly. You can text your student to let them know you are waiting.
- Exit the campus and present check out pass to the Campus Advisor at the guard house
Checkout passes will not be given to underclassmen to leave at lunch time. A parent must come in to sign the student out. This rule applies regardless of the reason for the checkout.
In the case of illness, the student should get a pass from their teacher and go to the clinic if possible. The clinic has its own procedure for checking students out. The nurse will call you and arrangements will be made to release the student.
If the student returns to campus after an appointment, they must check back in through the main office. The parent or guardian does not need to come in to check them back in.
Check out for Early Dismissal ends 30 minutes before the end of the school day. Students will not be called from class after this time.
There will be no early dismissal during exams unless there is a medical emergency or a parent/guardian is present for student check-out.
LEAVING SCHOOL GROUNDS
No student is permitted to leave the school grounds during class hours unless he/she receives permission from an appropriate school official to check out. Students must have an early dismissal pass with them when leaving campus. Students must enter and exit the campus through authorized entry and exit gates. At no time are students to enter or exit the campus by jumping over fences. The areas on the outside of the campus perimeter are private property. Trespassing on private property could result in legal action.
Any student who leaves campus without parent permission or an early dismissal pass is considered truant from school. This includes seniors who do not return to school after lunch.
Failure to follow the correct procedure will result in disciplinary action.