No student is permitted to leave the school grounds once they have entered the campus during school hours unless he/she receives permission from an appropriate school official to checkout. Students must have an early dismissal pass with them when leaving campus. Students must enter and exit the campus through authorized entry and exit gates. At no time are students to enter or exit by jumping over a fence. The areas on the outside of our perimeter fence are private property. Trespassing on private property could result in legal action. Failure to follow the correct procedure may result in disciplinary action.
Check out for Early Dismissal ends at 3:15pm and 2:15pm on early release days. Students will not be called from class after this time. Further details on Early Dismissal procedures are in the student handbook.
Parents/Guardians: If your child needs to checkout of school before the scheduled dismissal time please visit the main office with your ID to check your student out or send a signed note with the following information:
- Student's name
- Time of the dismissal
- Your name and relationship to the student
- Phone number where you may be reached during the day
For emergencies only you may call the Attendance Office at 322-6272 Ext. 37801
Guidelines for Students on Early Dismissal
- Go to the Attendance Office for your early dismissal pass
- Present the early dismissal pass to your instructor if leaving school during class time
- If you return to school, please check back in through the Attendance Office
- Early dismissal passes will not be delivered to the classroom. An emergency situation is the only exception to this procedure.
- If you are receiving an early dismissal, you must have a written note signed by a parent/ guardian with phone number. Students should submit the notes before school or between classes for processing PRIOR to check out.
- If you are sick, the clinic will call for you
- Remember to come by the attendance office for your early dismissal pass
- Any student who leaves campus without parent permission or an early dismissal pass is considered truant from school. This includes seniors who do not return to school after lunch.
Final Exam Check Out Procedures - End of Year
- Students will not be able to check-out before the end of their last final exam for the day
- Students are to bring a note each day to the attendance office AT THE TIME OF CHECK-OUT to receive their check-out pass
- Phone calls will NOT be accepted for check out purposes during final exam week
- The note must have the date, the student’s name (printed legibly), parent signature, and phone number
- THERE WILL BE NO EARLY DISMISSALS DURING EXAM PERIODS UNLESS THERE IS A MEDICAL EMERGENCY OR A PARENT/GUARDIAN IS PRESENT FOR STUDENT CHECK OUT