Check Your School Email Regularly for Testing Information!
All students are asked to regularly check their school email. You will receive specific information about tests you need to take sent directly to your email with instructions about when and where to report. VOL students will also check their Volusia County email for directions.
Computer Based Test Requirements
1:1 Devices and Testing
Students must come to computer based tests with their 1:1 or BYOT device charged and ready to use to test. PERT does not require anything specific to be installed. For the FAST (ELA 9 and 10) and EOC tests (Biology, US History, Algebra, and Geometry), you must have the secure browser installed. Please follow these directions:
For Personal BYOT Laptops
For a personal device that is not owned by the school, visit fsassessments.org/secure-browsers.html and install the browser. You will see the icon on your screen that will allow you to login once it is installed. If you are unable to install the testing software on your device for any reason, you will need to check out a 1:1 device in advance of testing.
For School 1:1 Laptops
- Go to the windows start menu in the bottom left corner and select "Company Portal" (or search for it in the search bar in the bottom left).
- Select "Apps" on the left
- Search for FLSecureBrowser and click on it
- Click Install. The app will be marked installed when complete.
- Locate the shortcut on your desktop and click it to open it to make sure it works.
2023-2024 State Testing Information
What to bring:
Fully charged Laptop & Laptop charger
What to expect:
No cell phones, smart watches, or ear buds will be allowed during testing.
- An email will be sent with your testing location and time
- You will arrive to your location at your scheduled time
- As you enter your testing location there will be a roster that tells you the seat number you will be testing at
- Find your seat, get out your computer and listen to the testing directions
If you have not used your computer in a while you will need to turn it on so it can run any updates prior to your test day.
Digital PSAT NMSQT parent letter: ParentLetter-PSATNMSQT.pdf
The software required for the digital SAT will automatically be pushed to all school laptops. For personal laptops or if it does not load on your school laptop, visit bluebook.app.collegeboard.org to download.
For SAT practice, please visit www.KhanAcademy.org. It is recommended that every student have a college board account so that the practice is linked to your previous scores, so it is targeted to your strengths and weaknesses.
SAT parent letter for October 26th test adminstration: ParentLetter.pdf
Acceptable Calculators: approvecalulatorlist.png
Saturday SAT Dates:
To sign up to take the SAT on a Saturday, visit satsuite.collegeboard.org
School contact for Saturday SAT testing: Mrs. Shon Duncan- firstname.lastname@example.org
PERT Registration: https://forms.office.com/r/NukpNPaAn7
PERT Study Guide: https://www.fldoe.org/core/fileparse.php/5592/urlt/0078248-pert-studentstudyguide.pdf
For more information about taking the test on Daytona State's campus instead and to see sample questions, please visit daytonastate.edu/testing-center/placement-testing