PAC - Parent Advisory Committee 2012-2013
Our organization is comprised of parent volunteers and our goal is to have parent representatives from each student organization including clubs, sports and music & arts. Part of our function is to help educate parents through addressing legislative issues affecting the school's resources and policies as well as to plan events to recognize both students and teachers periodically. Any issue is open for discussion to promote a sense of unity.
Meetings are held in the Media Center on the following dates and times:
- Monday, September 10th 5:30 p.m.
- Monday, October 1st - 5:30 p.m
- Monday, November 5th - 5:30 p.m
- NO meetings in December and January
- Monday, February 4th - 5:30 p.m.
- Monday, March 4th - Time TBD
- Monday, April 1st - Time TBD
- Monday, May 6th - Time TBD
Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) encourages parent involvement and sponsors events throughout the school year including:
• Faculty & Staff Appreciation Breakfast - Fall
• Senior Honors Awards at First Baptist Church
• Senior Baccalaureate at First Baptist Church
• Excellence in Effort
• Faculty & Staff Appreciation Breakfast – Spring
• Supporting school staff as needed
- Liz Paschal, Chairman
- Elaine Flasterstein – Vice-Chairman
- Kirstyn Wiggins, Treasurer and Volunteer Coordinator SCHS
- Brooke Billmeier, Secretary
- Amy Nowell, DAC Representative
- Linda Hamilton, Chair Faculty & Staff Appreciation Breakfasts
- Lynn Hassell, Co-Chair Faculty & Staff Appreciation Breakfasts
- TBD, Chair Excellence in Effort Event
- TBD, Chair Senior Honors Awards
- TBD, Chair Senior Baccalaureate
- Other valuable members to date include
- Dr. Todd Sparger, Principal, SCHS
Sandi Dembinsky, Carla Colburn, Andrea Truslow, Cheryl Taaffe, Cyndi Ritchey, Gayle Osiborski, Mary-Beth Fichera, Gloria Berman, and Mrs. Keith.