Homecoming 2013 - Out of This WOrld
September 30-October 5
- Monday, September 30
- Tuesday, October 1
- Wednesday, October 2
- Thursday, October 3
- Spirit Day
- Pep Rally
- Homecoming Football Game
- Friday, October 4
- Saturday, October 5
Homecoming Dress-Up Days Dress Code:
Please note: Dress-up and spirit days are designed to enhance the Homecoming experience. Students are urged to participate, but are reminded not to abuse the Homecoming spirit through flagrant violations of the district’s dress code. Make-up that makes a student unrecognizable (masks, etc) or make-up that depicts blood or injuries is not allowed. Dress appropriately - the Volusia county dress code will be enforced throughout the week.
Monday (9/30)- Tighten your braces and grab your inhaler because today is CREEK GEEK DAY! Let’s not disappoint those other schools that think we’re so smart and live up to our reputation as Spruce Creek Geeks!
Tuesday (10/1)- Have you ever wanted to travel to a distant country? What if you could go around the world in an entire day? Grab your passport and pack your bags because today you’re going AROUND THE WORLD. Dress up in a kimono, a kilt, or any foreign piece of clothing you can get your hands on! Like the song says, “it’s a small world after all!”
ALSO, come on out to the SCHS Track/Stadium at 6pm for our FREE FIELD NIGHT! Clubs will compete in a Tug of War, Penalty Kick Shootout, The Dizzy Dash, The Five Legged Race and The AMAZING Race. The most dominant club overall wins a new special trophy!
Wednesday (10/2)- Ever want an identical twin but didn’t catch the right zygote to make
it happen in real life? Now’s your chance to play God with Spruce Creek’s zany TWIN DAY! Get creative and find the best way to make as many clones of you as possible!
Thursday (10/3)- Grab that orange and black out of your closet and get ready to look like you just got mugged by a goth pumpkin because today is SPIRIT DAY! Show off your Creek pride! Dye your hair orange! Release a flock of hawks in the atrium! Principal’s note: Please do not release a flock of real hawks in the atrium. We all know that Creek is the best ever, so why not show it? Today as everyday IS A GREAT DAY TO BE A HAWK!
The school’s annual PEP RALLY will take place at the end of the school day. AND take your energy to Creek’s HOMECOMING FOOTBALL GAME at 7pm at NSB Stadium. We may share the same school colors of orange and black with the Seminole HS Seminoles (hey guys, real original), but we’ll show them who wears it with more pride! The Homecoming King and Queen will be announced at halftime. Be There!!
Friday (10/4)- ZETUS LEPETUS, IT’S THEME DAY! Dust off your light sabers and fuel your jetpacks because today we’re getting futuristic. Dress up as an alien! Transform into Optimus Prime! Go infinity and beyond in a space suit! Furthermore, this day features one of our oldest and greatest homecoming traditions: Carnival! Food, activities, embarrassing karaoke, and above all, fun!
Please note: Dressup and spirit days are designed to enhance the Homecoming experience. Dress appropriately – the Volusia County dress code allows school administration to be the final authority on the appropriateness of student dress.
Tuesday 6:00pm - 8:00pm on the football field
1) Penalty Kick Shootout: Break out the soccer cleats for this new event that will test the composure and soccer skills of one member from each club against a surprise celebrity goalkeeper. Kicks will be taken from 12 yards and contestants will be eliminated until there is just one club representative standing. This is sure to become an instant classic among homecoming field night events.
THIS EVENT WILL BEGIN AT PROMPTLY 6:00PM!!
2) The Amazing Race: Ping-Pong balls, spoons, obstacles and human wheel barrows. Need we say more? Get five club members together for this four stage race that will include balancing a Ping-Pong ball on a spoon, a short obstacle course, a wheel barrow race, and a good old-fashioned 200 meter sprint to the finish line. On Your marks... Get Set... GO!!!
3) The Slightly Less Amazing, but Still Amusing 5 Legged Race: Hopefully no members of your club actually have 5 legs, so four members from each club will link their legs together and attempt to walk across the field as fast as possible.
4) The Dizzy Dash: A clumsy four person relay. Each contestant will spin around a baseball bat 10 times before racing across the field to burst a balloon on a chair. They must then return to the start to tag their teammate. Looking like a fool is inevitable in this race against gravity.
5) Tug O War: Single elimination tournament (March Madness Style). Teams will consist of 10 members each and a maximum of 5 males. This is war, may the strongest club win.
6*) Overall Team Competition: New tradition this Year!!! The club that accumulates the most points through the 5 contests will be named overall field night winners and awarded the trophy. Points will be awarded for placing in the FIVE top places in each event.
Thursday during school
Come out and cheer on your Hawks!
Period 1 – 7:29 – 8:10
Period 2 – 8:17 – 9:03
Period 3 – 9:10 – 9:51
Period 4 - 9:58 – 10:39
Lunch 10:39 – 11:19
Period 5 - 11:26 – 12:07
Period 6 - 12:14 – 12:56
Period 7 - 1:03 – 2:45
1:15 – 1:50 Pep Rally for O, N wing and Portables
2:00 – 2:45 Pep Rally for Main Building
Enjoy food, fun, entertainment, and games at the carnival! Clubs offer activities, food and drinks for sale.
Booths will be judged for:
- Best food booth
- Best game or performance
- Best use of theme
- Most school spirit
- Best tasty treat (drink or dessert)
Period 1 7:29 - 8:06
Period 2 8:13 - 8:55
Period 3 9:02 - 9:39
Period 4 9:46 - 10:23
Period 5 10:30 – 11:07
Period 6 11:14 - 11:51
Period 7 11:58 – 12:35
Lunch 12:35 – 1:02
Carnival 1:02 - 2:45
Homecoming Court 2013
TBA - Ballots underway
Saturday in the gym: 7:00 pm -11:00 pm
This year’s Homecoming Dance should be, well, out of this world! The DJ is a Creek graduate working with Pyramid Music Productions.The crowning of the King and Queen of Homecoming Court will be announced around 915pm ' make sure you arrive with plenty of time to spare. The freshman atrium and main atrium will be available for students to relax and take a break from the dancing with refreshments and snacks being served at no extra charge in between the two atriums.
Special Reminders about the Dance:
1. The Homecoming Dance is semi-formal. For women, formal/semi-formal dresses that are strapless or have spaghetti straps are acceptable. For men, you must wear proper button down shirts with collars. No tie is required, but is recommended. For everyone: no jeans, tennis shoes, flip-flops or casual attire will be permitted. Tuxes and long formal gowns are optional. Inappropriately dressed students will not be granted entrance and refunds will not be distributed.
2. When you arrive at the dance you will be expected to come directly inside through the Freshman Atrium. There will be no loitering in the parking lot.
3. You are not allowed to re-enter the dance after leaving. Once inside, don’t leave until you are leaving for the
evening. No trips to the parking lot will be allowed, so come inside with your picture and coat check money,
your dance ticket AND your REQUIRED Student ID.
4. The dance will begin at 7:00 p.m. The doors will be locked until that time.
5. Only Spruce Creek students and their dates will be admitted. Spruce Creek students MUST present their
student ID when buying tickets, and any dates who are not Spruce Creek students MUST be approved
through Mrs. Montgomery’s office (next to guidance/IB office). No middle school students will be allowed.
6. ALL obligations, media fines, detentions must be paid for or served before you can buy a ticket!
Tickets will go on sale starting FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 19th. They will be available from Mr. Rohol in C-14.
Tickets will be $12 each for the week of 9/19-9/27 (no school 9/23);
Tickets will then be $15 for
the week of 9/30-10/4.
Don’t procrastinate; buy your tickets early! No tickets will be sold at the door. Don’t forget your student ID when buying tix!
Before school – 6:50 - 7:20 (no students will be allowed in line after 7:20)
Lunch ONLY Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri - 11:20 - 11:45 (no students will be allowed in line after 11:40)
After school – 2:48 - 3:30 (or later if necessary)
NO PASSES WILL BE WRITTEN FOR STUDENTS TO THEIR NEXT CLASS!
7. The Paparazzi Club is offering professional Homecoming picture packages available during the dance in room O-
11/O-12: $15 print package = TWO 5X7 prints (B&W or Color; 4 people maximum in each photograph)
$10 per shot professional digital photograph (.jpg file sent to your email)
More info on the photo packages is available in room M-3 or in C-14 when you buy your dance tickets.
8. Coat check will be at the media center entrance (freshman atrium) and will cost $3.
A message from the Spruce Creek High School administration:
This Homecoming Dance is a special event. We hope that it will provide you with wonderful and happy memories. Let us remind you that, like all school events, the homecoming dance is a drug and alcohol free event. Please select carefully the people with whom you choose to ride to and from the homecoming dance. Alcohol and/or drugs in the vehicle, consumed prior to the event, and/or brought into the dance are not only illegal and dangerous, but will result in severe penalties for the driver and all passengers – regardless of individual participation. Please know that law enforcement will be present at the dance.
Homecoming banner designed by User Interface Design student: Brianna R.